Kumagai Gumi in 5 MinutesHere we will explain Kumagai Gumi.
Vision StatementInsight, Onsite, Farsight When we build a structure, we are building a community
- together with the people who will use that space.
|Corporate Name:||Kumagai Gumi Co., Ltd.|
|Head Office:||2-1, Tsukudo-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 162-8557, Japan|
|Business Contents:||General Construction Business|
|Capital:||¥30.1 billion (as of March 31, 2021)|
|Number of Employees:||2,626 (as of March 31, 2022)|
What We Are
Our Technology and Human Resources.
Kumagai Gumi constructs and maintains structures where people can congregate and live fulfilling lives while feeling safe and secure. This is our job, our mission.
We deliver Quality that Inspires Happiness by optimizing construction for the people who will use the built space. When putting plans into practice we apply our unique concept of Worksite Excellence - the powerful synergy of our technology and human resources.
In addition, we will strengthen management with an ESG perspective, achieve long-term growth, and contribute to formation of a sustainable society.
Composition Ratio of Orders Received
Period ended March 2022（Domestic/nonconsolidated）
We Will Strengthen Management with an ESG Perspective
Formation of Environmentally Conscious Businesses
- Response to climate change risks
- Achieving zero emission
- Biodiversity-Conscious Initiatives
- Wood-building Business
- Forest preservation Business
- Renewable Energy Business
- Development of environmentally conscious technologies
Creating a rewarding workplace that diverse human resources demonstrate their potential
- Retaining and developing employees
- Handing down technologies
- Promotion of diversity and inclusion
- Realization of work-life balance
- Improvement of workers' health and prevention of occupational injury
Realization of a sustainable community
- Community contributions
- Natural Disaster Response
- Develop technologies that help solve social issues
Enhancing corporate governance
- Improvement of the effectiveness of board meetings
- Strengthening compliance
- Strengthen risk management
Proactive communication with stakeholders and others.
- Proactive dialogue with investors
- Customer Satisfaction Improvement
- Promoting CSR procurement
We will develop "construction service industry" with all participating management.
The Kumagai Gumi Group Consists of Eight Companies.
We aim to create a synergistic effect through collaboration and achieve the one and only "construction service industry."
Heading into the future, we will encourage an even higher level of joint technical development, promote liquidation of management resources, and increase the overall strength of the Group.
Featured Technology & Projects
The Kumagai Gumi Group is engaged in the development of technology that will contribute to the formation of a sustainable society and increase productivity.
Remote explosive loading system
Hokuriku Shinkansen Iiyama Tunnel
PEAS TOWER: Kumagai Gumi's next-generation super high-rise residential building
- 1) Degree of freedom in the plan
- 2) Improved view, improved sense of openness (ventilation, allowing light in, etc.) in voids
- 3) Solid construction that boasts safety and peace of mind
- 4) Improved room sound insulation
- 5) Improved equipment updating through complete SI separation
- 6) Achievement of ultra-short-term work
- 7) Reduction of the environmental burden and running costs by streamlining on-site work and reducing equipment
Hills Walk Tokushige Gardens
Wind environment visualization technology utilizing virtual reality (VR)
Iizaka Clean Site (Fukushima Prefecture)
Kumagai Gumi's one-stop solutions
Long-term repair and maintenance plans make it possible to foresee the timing of appropriate repairs, maintenance, and updating work, and thereby maintain the building appropriately.
Inagi City Chuo Library and Shiroyama Experience and Learning Museum
-- First library operated as a PFI in eastern Japan --
Antiseismic wrap method
Aso Ohashi Bridge Area Slope Disaster Prevention Construction (Kumamoto Prefecture)
We formulated the Long-Term Vision, which looks ahead to 2030 and beyond, and the Kumagai Gumi Group Medium-Term Management Plan (FY2021-FY2023), which begins in fiscal 2021, and Proactive Measures for Sustainable Growth.
As a leader in the construction services industry, which is expected by society, the Group is committed to contributing to the creation of a society in which it seeks to face social issues sincerely.
Medium-term Management Plan FY2021-2023
— Proactive Measures for Sustainable Growth —
During the planning period, we have set our financial targets for four financial indicators.
Based on its ESG Policy*, the Kumagai Gumi Group has identified issues that are considered important to our stakeholders from an ESG perspective in order to build a sustainable society and achieve sustainable growth for ourselves, and pursue both solutions to social issues (social value) and expansion of business profits (economic value)through our business activities.